Experience the harvest
Learn, see & sample
Curious to know what happens behind the scenes at the Tinwood Estate?
Get involved in the most exciting part of the vineyard’s year – the grape harvest. Join us as we hand pick the grapes, you will learn what happens behind the scenes and why our sparkling wines are so special.
After working with us amongst the vines we will sample all our wines. This is a unique original present for every wine lover and a once in a lifetime experience to come and take part in our grape harvest surrounded by the stunning Sussex countryside.
£ 45 per person
Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays in October 2017
(dates will be announced in August 2017)
Harvest Experience voucher available as a gift:
Your day with us
Schedule of the day
- 10 am: Art & Jody (the owners of the vineyard) will welcome you with a cappuccino and cakes. We will start by explaining how to pick the grapes, as we only pick the perfect grapes to make our delicious sparkling wines. All the grapes are hand picked to get the highest quality for the wine.
- 10.30 am: We start working with our experienced vineyard team for 2/3 hours. Working close with the vineyard team you can ask them many questions and find what makes the vineyard ‘tick’. In these 2 hours we will pick one of our different grape varieties: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir & Pinot Meunier.
- 1 pm: We will start a Vineyard Tour so we can inspect the grapes and show you the difference between the three different varieties. We will visit the cellar and tractors that are being used on the vines. How is the wine made? how long does it take us? and how do we get the different flavours in the wine? Use this time to take pictures of the vineyard, the surrounding areas and soak up this beautiful countryside.
- 1.30 pm: A three course lunch will be served with each a different glass of our sparkling wine. You will have a chance to relax and regain some energy and try what all this hard works is for! Take a seat in the sunshine on our outside patio overlooking the vines. We will pour you a glass of all three different sparkling wines we produce, find out which one is you favourite.
- (3 course lunch and 3 glasses sparkling wine included)
- 3 pm: We finish our tasting and tour.
Harvest Time at the Tinwood Estate
Watch the video
Naturally, the dates of Harvest Experiences at the Tinwood Estate vary from year to year. If you would like to be kept informed of when the next events will be, please complete our simple form and you’ll always be the first to know.
Terms & Conditions
The not-so-small print
The event is weather dependent, regrettably the day may be cancelled due to bad weather we’ll move the experience to another day, if you can’t make this day we will refund your payment.