How long does the tour take?
The tour takes 1.5 hours in total and after the tour there will be 1 hour of free time to order more drinks if you would like.
Are you running tastings?
Yes we are running daily tours at 3pm, and weekends 12 & 3 & 6 pm for all availability and to book please click on this link: Tinwood tastings
What do I have to wear on the tour?
Anything comfortable and suitable for the weather. No boots are required.
Is there a lot of walking involved with the tour?
There is not a lot of walking involved, and the tour is wheelchair friendly, for elderly people we offer picnic benches next to the tour area, so they can sit down at all times.
Is there public transport to Tinwood?
The closest train station is Barnham or Chichester – taxis are available at the station. The local bus from Chichester (number 55) takes you to Halnaker crossroads. From here it is 15 mins walk.
Can I bring my child?
Please note our estate is 18 years and over, we don’t have any changing facilities. If you still wish to bring your child please make sure to bring everything you need.
Can I bring my dog?
- Dogs in the lodges We allow a maximum of 2 well-behaved dogs per lodge. Please bring your own dog beds as we do NOT allow dogs on our white linen bed sheets or sofa. If any professional cleaning is required after your stay this charge will be reimburse from the guest up till 5 working days after check out.
- Dogs on the tour We are very dog friendly although we cannot guarantee other guest joining your tour. In the unlikely event of some being allergic and requesting the dog to leave the event we have to ask you to put your dog in the car.
Can I change my vineyard tour booking?
Yes please send us an email to email@example.com as we don’t accept changes or cancellation via phone calls due to the registered ‘more then 48 hours prior to arrival time’
You can change your booking free of charge as many times as you like UP TILL 48 hours prior to arrival: as stated in our ‘Cancellation policy’.
This is due to re-selling your tickets, and re-selling your table, and organizing staff etc
Can I cancel my lodge booking?
Yes if you want to cancel your reservation kindly contact our reservations team on firstname.lastname@example.org please note all changes or cancelation need to be done through email not over the phone, so there will be proof of time and date of cancelation.
- Cancellations made fifteen (15) or more days prior to the date of arrival will incur a 10% charge.
- Cancellations made three (3) to fourteen (14) days prior to the date of arrival will incur 50% charge.
- Cancellations made less than two (2) days prior to the arrival date will incur a 100% charge.
- Cancellations made less than two (2) days after booking 0% charge.
Can I cancel or change my tour booking?
Cancellations made less than two (2) days prior to the arrival date will incur a 100% charge. Should you need to cancel your reservation kindly contact our reservations team on email@example.com
Please note all changes or cancelation need to be done through email not over the phone, so there will be proof of time and date of cancelation.
I have lost my voucher?
- If you have an E-voucher code (e.g. te12345678) this code can be found on your email and printed of as many times as required, we can always resend you your booking email.
- If you have a ‘black card voucher’ treat your vouchers as if they are cash as they cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
My gift voucher has expired?
- Gift vouchers can be extended for 3 months for free.
- Any additions 3 months at a £10 administration fee.
Can I bring my own wine or food?
Only food and beverages purchased at Tinwood may be consumed at Tinwood during your visit. Please note we have 9 different wines for purchase in the lodges but if guests want to bring there own wines into the estate we charge a £20 corkage fee per bottle.
Health and safety
Visitors must remain within permitted areas and must adhere to our health and safety procedures and guidelines and must follow any instructions given by Tinwood Estate staff members. A Visitor is, however, responsible for his or her own safety and for the safety of any accompanying children.
Is there CCTV?
In the public areas of Tinwood estate and some staff areas CCTV is in operation and video recordings may be made. This activity is carried out for security and service reasons for the better management of the Tinwood estate and security for all its Clients and staff.
Can I take pictures?
Yes picture are allowed, please check permission with you tour guide if they don’t mind. We do not allow filming/video’s from the vineyard tour.
What new cleaning measures have been introduced to keep me safe from the risk associated with Covid-19?
Your bedroom will be cleaned with extra care. We have removed non-essential items to minimise any contamination risk and we have placed individual amenity bottles and sanitizing wipes and antibacterial handwash in bedrooms and bathrooms, please feel free to take any that are partly-used home with you and if you need more during your stay, please ask.
If you would prefer we didn’t enter your bedroom to service the room during your stay, please let us know at check-in. Unless otherwise requested, our housekeeping service will continue as normal, now only entering a room when it is empty of guests.
We have developed our cleaning programme throughout all the public areas with increased frequency of disinfection in areas of high touch points, including door handles and banisters. You will see hand sanitizers provided throughout the hotel, please use these regularly.
Can you reassure me that the team looking after me are fit and well?
We are working to the Government’s Covid-19 Secure Workplace guidelines and our team will be trained to understand the risks posed by COVID-19 and how to carry out our enhanced measures while maintaining our high levels of service in this new environment. In addition all team members must:
- Wear PPE as appropriate
- Wash their hands regularly as trained and in line with government guidelines
- Stay at home if they are unwell and follow official guidance on self-isolating
- Limit physical contact and maintain social distancing, wherever possible, with other team members and guests
Will this stay be different to previous visits?
We will continue to offer you the warmest welcome and will be delighted to welcome you back. The hotel will look a little different and you will spot things around the buildings that you may not have seen previously such as hand sanitizers and screens. We ask that all our guests comply with our efforts and measures to prevent both transmission and onward contamination of the COVID-19 virus.